Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tagged

I got tagged by eldest daughter Tiffany and that means I'm supposed to say 6 things about me? Okay, here goes:

1. I've been ward choir director for FOREVER! I'm about to lose my 4th accompanist but not until after our Easter non-program. We're only doing 3 songs because I was too busy teaching a hard song for ward conference last month to think about a program.

2. I am a graduate of North Miami Beach High School in south Florida class of 1978. That means I'm really old compared to most of my friends here.

3. Bruce and I are enjoying 27th anniversaries this year. 15 February was our first date, and 16 March was our engagement. On July 17 we'll be married 27 years. As a favorite comic strip says, "22 wonderful years and 5 that were just okay."
--- Coming up with 6 things about me is hard -----

4. My neighbors were discussing concerts they had been to as kids/teens and I realized that my first concert wasn't until I was 20. My mom didn't allow concerts of the pop/ rock variety (they were very dangerous in Miami). I went to symphony, ballet, even opera, but never a concert.

5. Like my oldest daughter, I too cry at american idol. I also cry for hallmark commercials.

and finally,
6. Despite being terrified of public speaking, I love being a substitute teacher for the Jr. and High schools in our area. I tell the kids it's because I live to torture teenagers. I do generally only teach classes I can help so that means music and art, Language arts and social studies. I never teach math and seldom science. If a subject uses numbers, all I'm good for is crowd control.

Okay, I'm done! Now I get to tag someone else..... how about my cute niece Katy Forsberg. Remember, you have to tell about you, not your kids.

By the way, I finished this on 27 March but the post date is the day I started it.

1 comment:

russandkatie said...

Oh no I just saw that you tagged me, I'm horrible at these things :) but I'll do it for you!