Monday, June 16, 2008

Home at Last!

So glad to finally be home. It was good to be with my Florida family, but I missed my home family, especially my honey.

Florida: I was glad to have some time with my"sister" Linda who was there from San Diego to be with Mom and Bill after he was put in hospice care. Here are the two of us in the family room.
After Bill passed from this life we gathered at mother's house for a celebration of our life with him.
On the couch are my neice Jessica, her dad - my brother Rich, and my sister Linda. In the mirror are me in the pink shirt and Colleen (brother Mike's wife)in the chair. We enjoyed good company, good food, and good music. Mother played Bill's jazz recordings.

When I got home, after unpacking and recovering a little, I made bread. I really do make it from scratch. My Florida family seemed to have a hard time picturing it so I decided to help....


This is the wheat that gets ground in the grinder
( the round white thing), then gets mixed with other stuff in the mixer - except for what jumps out onto me - for a long noisy time,
then gets put in the pans, baked and comes out like this.

2 comments:

russandkatie said...

I want some homemade bread!!!

Adventures with Bruce and Lorraine said...

Come and get it. I'll gladly share. I only bake every 10 days to 2 weeks. It takes that long for my little family to eat that much.